Calgary dentist helps ease patients’ anxiety with general sedation dentistry
Are you terrified to have your teeth looked at? Some people avoid the dentist at all costs. If this is you, Dr. Asaria of Calgary Dental Centers wants to help. Dr. Asaria has practiced dentistry for over 27 years. He has seen all levels of dental fears, from mild anxiety to complete phobia. Because he believes every person should be able to have a healthy and beautiful smile, he offers general sedation dentistry.
General sedation dentistry:
Sedation dentistry uses medication to aid in creating a comfortable and anxiety-free visit.
Types of sedation:
- Minimal sedation: Often, nitrous oxide is used for this level of sedation. A mask is placed over your nose and you breathe the nitrous oxide. This helps you relax. It wears off quickly, allowing you to be able to both drive yourself to and from treatment and to continue with your day’s normal activities. Oral sedation, using anti-anxiety medication is also used for mild sedation needs.
- Moderate sedation: You might not remember much of your procedure and often will “slur” your words. This is done for more intensive dental procedures. Oral medication can be used for this level of sedation also.
Who is a candidate for sedation dentistry?
- People who have a low pain threshold
- Patients with sensitive teeth or gums
- People with a bad gag reflex
- Those who need extensive dental work.
Calgary Dental Centers is committed to providing comfortable, quality care. We encourage you to give us a call if you or a loved one suffers from dental phobia. We want you to have a healthy and gorgeous grin. Call us at (403) 768-1339 for your free consultation.