Dental Hygiene Therapy
Calgary's Dental Care
Awesome staff, very patient and friendly. I always recommend to family! :)
Dental hygiene improves quality of life for Calgary patients
Dr. Asaria has been a general dentist for nearly thirty years. During that time, he has seen the tremendous impact oral issues have on the lives of patients. Dental problems have far-reaching effects ranging from physical discomfort, to speech impediment, lack of enjoyment in eating, and social and emotional impairment. Functional, attractive teeth start with good dental hygiene.
Patients in Calgary
and surrounding communities receive thorough cleanings, screening, and advice on home care from our trained, experienced dental hygienists.
Dental hygiene therapy
Dental hygiene therapy removes plaque and tartar
that lead to tooth decay and gum disease. It also helps to detect potential oral problems early, when they may be treated most effectively and economically.
Here’s what to expect at a dental hygiene appointment at Calgary Dental Centers:
- You receive a warm welcome at the reception area, and assistance with filling out any necessary forms.
- You are shown to a treatment room, and settled comfortably into the chair.
- The hygienist begins with a physical examination of your entire mouth. She checks for signs of gum disease, tooth decay, or trauma (chipped, cracked, or broken teeth) with a small mirror, and makes note of her findings for the dentist’s review.
- An ultrasonic scaling is used to gently scrape tartar (plaque that has hardened) from teeth, with special attention to the gum line and between teeth.
- Teeth are polished with a low-speed hand piece. The small rubber cup holds prophylaxis paste to get teeth gleaming. The paste is rinsed from your teeth and water is suctioned away.
- A patient may finish his or her hygiene appointment a fluoride treatment. Pleasant-flavored fluoride gel is placed in flexible foam trays and inserted into the mouth. It stays on the teeth for a few minutes; then the mouth gets a final rinse.
Dental hygiene therapy is painless, and the experience is generally relaxing.
Call (403) 768-1339 to schedule a dental hygiene
appointment at Calgary