Specialized Pediatric Care
Pediatric dental care from Board-certified specialist in Calgary
Calgary Dental Centers is a family-oriented practice, where young patients are welcomed with bright smiles and genuine warmth. Our team is dedicated to caring for teeth, gums, and mouths of children. Pediatric dental care
doesn’t stop there at Calgary Dental Centers. Our dentists and support staff are sensitive to your child’s needs, communicating in a way that fosters a healthy attitude toward dentistry.
- Infant oral health examinations – Including risk assessment for dental caries.
- Parental education – Nutritional recommendations and habit counseling on topics like thumb sucking, use of pacifiers, and baby bottle tooth decay.
- Preventive care – Teeth cleaning, fluoride treatments, and dental sealants to fight cavities.
- Fillings – We work hard to help your child avoid cavities, but tooth decay can still occur. With regular check-ups we catch cavities early and restore the damage with tooth-colored fillings.
- Bite assessment – As your child grows, we monitor development of teeth, jaws, and bite alignment. With this level of vigilance, early intervention orthodontics may adjust an improper bite before it causes discomfort or embarrassment.
- Management of pediatric periodontal disease – Kids get gum disease, too! We utilize gentle therapies to get it under control.
- Dental emergencies – The majority of dental trauma emergencies (broken or dislodged teeth) happen to children, at play or on the sports field. We see emergencies same day during regular hours, and provide phone consultation after hours.
- Diagnosis of oral symptoms – Health conditions such as diabetes, allergies and asthma, attention deficit disorder, and congenital heart disease often present oral symptoms.
Our general dentists at both locations love treating children. We also have a specialist, certified in pediatric dentistry by the National Dental Examining Board of Canada, at the 17th Avenue Dental Center location. With this extra level of training in dentistry for infants, children, and teens (including those with special needs), you are assured of comprehensive pediatric care.
For pediatric dental care
call (403) 768-1343.