If you are experiencing a severe dental emergency, causing bleeding and /or difficulty breathing, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital’s emergency department.
Dental veneers enhance Calgary smiles
Have you ever noticed that, while some people have attractive smiles, others have teeth that look virtually flawless? The difference is often dental veneers. They are thin layers of strong material that resembles natural tooth enamel. Veneers are cemented to the visible surfaces of front teeth to hide imperfections. Veneers give women and men in the Calgary area cosmetic smile enhancement.
Types of veneers
- Porcelain – Porcelain is a strong, lustrous ceramic material that mimics the light-reflective qualities of tooth enamel and resists stains. A small amount of tooth structure (about the thickness of a contact lens) is removed to allow these veneers to fit snugly and look natural. After the teeth are prepared, the dentist sends impressions of your mouth to a dental laboratory where the veneers are fabricated. You may be fitted with temporary veneers during this period. You return to Calgary Dental Centers in a few weeks to have the porcelain veneers bonded in place and polished to perfection.
- Minimal reduction veneers – These veneers are made of an ultra-thin porcelain material that requires little or no reduction of tooth enamel, so treatment is reversible if desired.
- Composite resin – Composite veneers are a conservative alternative to porcelain. These veneers are created chairside. The dentist applies layers of material to prepared teeth, hardening each addition with a special light. With final shaping and polishing, composite veneers blend beautifully into natural dentition.
When veneers are a good choice
The team at Calgary Dental Centers takes an ethical approach to every procedure.
We take time to understand your goals and to explain treatment options, so that you get the most appropriate care. Dental veneers may be a good choice, if you wish to disguise:
- Deep discoloration that does not respond to professional whitening. This could be the result of root canal therapy, medications such as tetracycline, fluorosis, or old, darkened dental work.
- Teeth that show excessive wear.
- Enamel that is chipped, cracked, or flawed by natural bumps and pits.
- Teeth that have unusual shape, or appear too long or too short.
- Small gaps between teeth.
- Minor misalignment that does not affect the balance of the bite.
Would you like to learn more about dental veneers? Call
Calgary Dental Centers at (403) 768-1339 to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Calgary’s Dental Care - Dr. Hanif Asaria
Dr. Hanif Asaria is a dentist who serves the area of Calgary, who is devoted to helping people get the smile of their dreams. He graduated in 1989 with a DDS at the Canadian University of Alberta. He is a member of the Alberta Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. He has over 28 years of experience in the areas of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry.