Calgary's Dental Care
I have been coming here for 10 years and I won't go anywhere else. They are quick and efficient and know what they are doing.
Emergency dental extraction handled in Calgary
Ouch! A slip and fall on wintertime ice or an aggressive hockey practice leaves you with a badly damaged or dislodged tooth. Or maybe you’ve been trying to ignore an intermittent toothache, but wake with a swollen face and acute pain. You can count on prompt, compassionate emergency dental treatments at Calgary Dental Centers, which include Extraction, Pulpotomy, Pulpectomy, Root canals, Fillings, prescription for antibiotic and/or pain killers, etc. We see all types of dental emergencies same day, during clinic hours. If a problem occurs after hours, just call (403) 768-1339 for caring advice.
When a dental emergency requires extraction
We reserve time in our daily schedule to see emergency cases. If your dental emergency requires extraction, the procedure follows these basic steps:
- You are settled into the chair, and the tooth area is thoroughly numbed with local anesthetic. (Extractions with oral conscious sedation are handled at our 17th Avenue Dental Center location.)
- The dentist uses special tools to loosen the damaged tooth from the ligaments and bone that hold the roots in place.
- A sterile gauze pad is placed over the socket, and you bite down gently to stop bleeding.
- You receive care instructions to avoid dry socket and ensure speedy healing, and a prescription for pain management medications, if necessary.
- The dentist may talk with you about options to replace the tooth – a partial denture, bridge, or dental implant – once healing is complete.
While emergency dental extraction sounds a bit unsettling, the procedure is straightforward and usually completed in under an hour.
Most patients relax the rest of the day, eat soft foods for a day or two, then return to their normal routines.
We hope you never experience a dental emergency, but be assured that you are in good hands at Calgary Dental Centers should it ever happen. Become a patient today by calling (403) 768-1339 to schedule an appointment.