If you are experiencing a severe dental emergency, causing bleeding and /or difficulty breathing, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital’s emergency department.
Custom fit sports appliances protect Calgary smiles
Oral injuries can happen to anyone who participates in an activity that could result in impact to the face or cause the jaws to snap together abruptly. Custom made sports appliances
Dental Centers protect your mouth, and may lessen risk of concussion.
Sports appliance basics
A sports appliance is made of flexible plastic and fits over the top arch of teeth. The mouth guard cushions a blow to the face, reducing risk of broken teeth, as well as injuries to the jaw, tongue, lips, and cheeks.
Why choose custom made sports appliances?
- Easy process – The appointment to make an impression of your mouth is painless and brief – usually a half hour or less. The mold is used to create your sports appliance.
- Professional oversight – Our team shares thorough instruction for use of the appliance, and how to keep it clean.
- Secure, comfortable fit – Your custom made sports appliance stays comfortably in place with a snug fit that minimizes tendency to salivate.
- Speak and drink – The secure fit of a custom appliance allows you to speak and drink with it in place. The less often you take the guard out during activities, the less likely you are to misplace it.
- Durable – Our sports appliances are fabricated by a professional dental laboratory. They are made of high-quality materials that last a long time without bite-through or tears.
- Team colors – Your sports appliance can be made of clear plastic, or in the bright, bold colors of your favorite team.
- Superior protection! – The most important reason to choose a custom made sports appliance is the level of protection it affords. It protects teeth and soft tissues, helping to keep your smile intact while you play.
(403) 768-1339 to find out how easy it is to protect your smile with a custom made sports appliance
Calgary’s Dental Care - Dr. Hanif Asaria
Dr. Hanif Asaria is a dentist who serves the area of Calgary, who is devoted to helping people get the smile of their dreams. He graduated in 1989 with a DDS at the Canadian University of Alberta. He is a member of the Alberta Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. He has over 28 years of experience in the areas of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry.